The top 12 indicators that the economy is bad--
12. CEO's are now playing miniature golf.
11. I got a pre-declined credit card in the mail.
10. I went to buy a toaster oven and they gave me a bank.
9. Hotwheels and Matchbox car companies are now trading higher than GM in the stock market.
8. Obama met with small businesses - GE, Pfizer, Chrysler, Citigroup and GM, to discuss the Stimulus Package.
7. McDonalds is selling the 1/4 ouncer.
6. People in Beverly Hills fired their nannies and are learning their children's names.
5. The most highly-paid job is now jury duty.
4. People in Africa are donating money to Americans. Mothers in Ethiopia are telling their kids, "finish your plate; do you know how many kids are starving in America ?"
3. Motel Six won't leave the lights on.
2. The Mafia is laying off judges.
1. If the bank returns your check marked as "insufficient funds," you have to call them and ask if they meant you or them.
todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful
for the role models in my life (I shall decline to name them here)
that I can go through a whole day (morning, noon and night) without the urge to have a beer or a rum & coke
that I've been able to do that for over 5 years
that keeping my side of the street clean daily is much eaiser than ignoring the mess for awhile and then having to clean it
that our forecast today is for a high temp of only 98; we've had 7 consecutive days of +100, ranging from 101-104 deg
Right is right, even if everyone is against it; and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it.
- William Penn