Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tuesday

The top 12 indicators that the economy is bad--

12. CEO's are now playing miniature golf.

11. I got a pre-declined credit card in the mail.

10. I went to buy a toaster oven and they gave me a bank.

9. Hotwheels and Matchbox car companies are now trading higher than GM in the stock market.
8. Obama met with small businesses - GE, Pfizer, Chrysler, Citigroup and GM, to discuss the Stimulus Package.

7. McDonalds is selling the 1/4 ouncer.

6. People in Beverly Hills fired their nannies and are learning their children's names.

5. The most highly-paid job is now jury duty.

4. People in Africa are donating money to Americans. Mothers in Ethiopia are telling their kids, "finish your plate; do you know how many kids are starving in America ?"

3. Motel Six won't leave the lights on.

2. The Mafia is laying off judges.

1. If the bank returns your check marked as "insufficient funds," you have to call them and ask if they meant you or them.


todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful


for the role models in my life (I shall decline to name them here)

that I can go through a whole day (morning, noon and night) without the urge to have a beer or a rum & coke

that I've been able to do that for over 5 years

that keeping my side of the street clean daily is much eaiser than ignoring the mess for awhile and then having to clean it

that our forecast today is for a high temp of only 98; we've had 7 consecutive days of +100, ranging from 101-104 deg

Right is right, even if everyone is against it; and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it.
- William Penn

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

only 98, eh? whew - we must be having a cool front! ☺

Gin said...

I can always count on you to give me a laugh. Number 11 is my favorite.

Mary Christine said...

Glad you are getting a bit of relief from the heat.

Pammie said...

enjoy the chilly weather.

Scott W said...

98ยบ is still too hot!

Bunny loves his stuffie! But he is confused when he bites the tail and it starts making all that noise!

Ed G. said...

Loved the 12 signs..

Thanx...

Tall Kay said...

I can always depend on you for a good laugh. Thank you!

Shannon said...

lol at the economy jokes

and I dig the gratitude!

hope you have a fab day daave

Syd said...

The 12 signs were funny. But they have a ring of truth. I'm glad that you said that you had role models and not just models in your life.

steveroni said...

I had a honey-bun this morning, might that be a role model, or model role?

Right is right. Wrong is wrong. And truth is truth

Patrick said...

I used to love 98 (back when I lived in Phoenix...)

Loved the indicators!

Zanejabbers said...

Yup, them thar indikators was just downright funny. Hyuk Hyuk.