Monday, June 15, 2009

maintenance


why naked men should not skydive



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that the maintenance of my sobriety is my priority

for a fun surprise birthday party I attended Saturday night. A recovery friend celebrated his 40th year on this planet and his partner planned a great surprise for him. Fabulous!

for this guideline that really works well ...
  • does it need to be said?
  • does it need to be said right now?
  • does it need to be said by me?
to be able to help a friend in need

for another recovery blogger, Another Real Alcoholic. Drop by and say howdy to this garden variety drunk.

When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt

13 comments:

Patrick said...

Never know what one will find playing on dAAve video.

Loved the guidelines.

Pammie said...

hi dave - trying to stay in touch.
yes it needs to be said
usually right now
usually by me ;)

Anonymous said...

nice penis flapping

Scott W said...

It's Monday, Dave! Just in case you didn't know.

Mary Christine said...

Good Morning David.

Lou said...

That sayings was invented with me in mind...
it's my mantra, and I saw if first on Scott W's blog (I think). I always love the reminder.

Trailboss said...

That video was too damned funny. I'm glad I have an innie and not an outie. hee hee

Syd said...

I think that David Carradine could have used the wisdom of FDR.

steveroni said...

"Why naked men should not skydive?" Or maybe...why they should!

I always thought we "aired our dirty linen", not "our family jewels".

Tall Kay said...

Heard in an AA meeting...

"Maintenance is to keep in the current condition, and the only way we coast in AA is downhill. We must continue to grow, as maintenance isn't enough."

Very funny video!

Queenneenee said...

Holy hell, he's lucky if he didn't lose that thing in midair. You crack me up Mr. dAAve.

garden-variety drunk said...

wow. i'm a little speechless after that video, which is impressive because i'm hardly ever speechless. i kind of feel bad for him- that can't be pleasant with all those wind forces and such.

i love the 3 questions. i've heard them with a 4th: is it kind? i'm constantly having to be reminded there's a difference between honesty and brutal honesty.

Carol said...

I always learn something from recovering alcoholics, like how people can sleep on planes, and now I know why men skydive clothed. It's all coming together, really.