Friday, June 12, 2009

layin' back for the weekend

2 of my 3 girls



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for alternatives

that I am a whole lot less judgemental than I used to be

for the process of working Step 8 for the first time
(a sponsee is doing this now)

that I'll never have to rearrange my life so that I can get drunk
(it was always a time management issue)


You only live once-but if you work it right, once is enough.
- Joe E. Lewis


BONUS THOUGHT ...

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

12 comments:

Bill said...

But, there are four cats in the picture...?

Gin said...

Your cats are beautiful! I just got my first cat, well, kitten and I never thought I could love her like I love my little dog, but I was wrong. I am totally in love with her. She is the sweetest little thing. Love the last quote. Cracked me up.

Pammie said...

yes, time management was a big issue, there wasn't enough drinking time in the day.

Anonymous said...

morbid, dave, on the last quote. i love your.... kitties.

Mary Christine said...

Here kitty, kitty, kitty.

Lou said...

Yes, they are nice looking cats (Miss Louise says begrudgingly).

Scott W said...

Devil is always hiding. Time to threaten with the kennel again?

That judgemental thing can be a tough one.

steveroni said...

Time mgmt--I drank all the time...toward the end...unless I was comatose.

Syd said...

Nice cats and great thoughts today. I am glad to not be judgmental today.

Nikki (Sarah) said...

too funny. love the pic of the cats.

Zanejabbers said...

I never let work or time get in the way of my drinking. Nice kittys
but then I've seen them in real
meowmewo.

Findon said...

Love the slonky comment. Have a good weekend Daave