Tuesday, June 23, 2009

now that it's summer ...

Let's all go kayaking in the wide open ocean!!




todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I had a desire and continue to have it

to watch somone new in recovery get it. To see them with more clarity of thought, more awareness while regaining the ambition to become what they could be.

for the people I consider to be my support group. I'm not sure all of them know that they are part of this important function. Should I tell them?

that people trust me enough to ask for AA commitments and that I'm able to fulfill them

that we had a 15 minute rain shower yesterday evening -- the first measureable rainfall at my home since late April --- it was lovely!


Experience is what allows us to repeat our mistakes, only with more finesse!
- Derwood Fincher

11 comments:

Mary Christine said...

I wondered whose rain we got and now I know.

Pammie said...

I did not get the little rain but mother did. lucky dog.

Syd said...

We have had a lot of rain but not in the last few days. It is just hot.
Great list today.

Shannon said...

I always love how you simply put "it" out there
and wow no rain since April.... weird we get rain a lot we had a sun break for a few hours yesterday lol

Anonymous said...

i'm also glad for the rain. you're part of my support group, dave!

Scott W said...

Tell them! We all need to know we are appreciated! It might also make them more open to your support.

garden-variety drunk said...

i love the part about your support group. it take a village...

steveroni said...

Wonder how many teaspoonsfull of water is in that ocean???

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Scott has the right answer...

Zanejabbers said...

Thanks for being you. "you" are part of my support group.

Tall Kay said...

I just love your posts. I share in every bit of your gratitude list today. I can't even remember the last time we had rain...lots of June gloom tho. Thanks for your insight and support.