Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Following the path

the updated landscape project -- those little trees and the gray moonrocks and the borders are all new. The 1965 Riviera provides a sweet background.



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for the power of time

for the 6:30am meeting I attend every weekday; yesterday, we read about the sobering of Bill D., AA's 3rd member

for glimpses of sanity

that 14 of us got together for a really nice lunch at Baba Yega's as a sort of farewell to Hayden's mom who has been visiting for the past 2 weeks

for someone who has returned to the noon meetings after a 3-year absence. Now I know why I come to meetings every day. This person looks they they have aged 10-15 years in those 3 years. Apparently, crack and crystal meth will do that to you.


Heroism consists in hanging on one minute longer.
- Norwegian proverb

9 comments:

Gin said...

I love the moonrocks! I have some of those in my little rock garden and they are so nice. The trees are neat. I love how they have a little curve going to them.

Queenneenee said...

Love the landscaping!

Lou said...

I had a Riviera! All black.

Moon rocks? Far out.

Anonymous said...

Very bonsai, I like it!

Scott W said...

Those ain't moon rocks, they are river rocks, silly!

I have seen him more often lately and his shakes seem to be getting worse. Sad.

Syd said...

Nice landscaping job. I will need to read about the sobering of Bill D. I like what you say about glimpses of sanity--there is hope for me.

Bill said...

Your place looks spiffy. I wonder if your neighbors think you blew all your money on your condo, and now have to drive a really old car you got from a great-aunt.

steveroni said...

those little trees and the gray moonrocks and the borders all provide a sweet foreground.....
.....for the 45-year old Riviera.

Zanejabbers said...

That Buick Riviera makes the garage look like a one car spot.
Those river rocks look greater in person or whatever you see river rocks in.