Saturday, July 31, 2010

All Grown Up





Your houseplants are alive and you can't smoke any of them.

Having sex in a twin bed is out of the question.

You keep more food than beer in the fridge.

6am is when you get up, not when you go to bed.

You hear your favorite song in an elevator.

Your friends "marry" and "divorce" rather than "hook up" and "break up."

You go from 130 days of vacation time to 14.

Jeans and a sweater no longer qualify as "dressed up."

You're the one calling the police because those damn kids next door won't turn down the music.

Sleeping on the couch makes your back hurt.

You take naps.

Dinner and a movie is the whole date instead of the beginning of one.

You go to the drug store for Ibuprofen and Antacid rather than condoms and pregnancy tests.

A $4.00 bottle of wine is no longer "pretty good shit."

You actually eat breakfast food at breakfast time.

"I just can't drink the way I used to" replaces "I'm never going to drink that much again."





9 comments:

Syd said...

I guess that I am grown up then. Although I still do a few of these things.

Scott M. Frey said...

but i don't WANNA grow up! lol

Mary Christine said...

I think I have moved past grown up to elderly. oh well.

steveroni said...

On my boat a few years ago, I was called the "Ancient Mariner" and that says it all.

Carol said...

Naps are great!! I used to despise my parents for taking them.

Em said...

LOL I love this! I remember I used to love the $4 bottles of wine :)

so funny!!!

Todd HellsKitchen said...

I refuse to grow up.... You can't make me...

marie said...

Loved the list, dAAve. Thanks for the laughs this morning!

marie said...

BTW, That is only 16 ways - not 25! LOL!