Monday, July 26, 2010

Sold! I hope.






todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for some good exercise over the weekend, both in the gym and outside in the yard. Damn, it's hot though.

that I have been going out of my way to contact some friends who've relapsed. I hear their excuses and am learning some really f***ed up ways of thinking.

that we don't have toilet rings

that I sold one of my collector cars on eBay - now I just hope the buyer pays as promised.

Quotations help us remember the simple yet profound truths that give life perspective and meaning.
- Criswell Freeman


8 comments:

Mary Christine said...

Hey! I've been in that car!

Jess Mistress of Mischief said...

Beautiful car!

I just spoke with someone who recently relapsed too, and oh boy, I'm so glad I have a sponsor I talk to regularly, friends who call me on my nuttiness, and a fellowship that loves me because they understand the disease at work and understand the incidiousness of it.

Brad said...

It's true that there's no situation bad enough that a drink won't make worse (for us)!

Agreed on the weather. I was in DC this weekend, and the heat index was 110! I can imagine Texas was pretty bad too!

Em said...

love the car :) congrats on selling!

I have a hard time understanding relapse in others, but in the end they teach me more than anything.

Bill said...

That sure is a purty ride.

I still can't believe that I'm lucky enough to answer the local hotline several times each week. The misery in the voices of those who have gone back out has been a good lesson for me so far.
...and their thinking-bone is pretty f***ed up, too.

Syd said...

Hope that that nice car is sold too. No luck so far with selling my Fender amp on Ebay

Carol said...

Should I work harder on my toilet rings?? Your word verification is 'sedan'

steveroni said...

My new sponsee went to his first meeting, then went out to the liquor store--we should have gone for breakfast--grin!

Didn't I ride in that car? Yep!