Wednesday, July 07, 2010

humility




todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for another day of sober growth

for those who step up to the plate when asked

for the different concepts of humility. My personal feeling is that I must be teachable to new concepts which will help me to become the best person I can be.
What is your definition or understanding?


Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
- The Buddha


7 comments:

Syd said...

Humility means seeing myself in true relation to my fellow man and to God. For me it is an awareness of my shortcomings balanced with a sense of pride in my achievements. I have decided that simple awareness of who I am is humbling.

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Humility can take a little work around here...

Cheers,
Todd HellsKitchen
Postcards from Hell's Kitchen

Unknown said...

for me, it is accepting myself as I am. That is still a process but I like me today..warts and all.

♥namaste♥

marie said...

your pictures are so freakin' funny lately! Thanks for the laugh. Humility to me means knowing that I know nothing and everything I am and have comes not from my own worth or doing but only from God's graces on me.

Jess Mistress of Mischief said...

For me humility is about being submissive to the core spritual principles carried through an interaction/experience with something or someone.

The ability to set aside everything that I believe or "think I know" for a newer/deeper understanding of love, grace and mercy which are the core spiritual qualities I understand God carries overall.

:) I love meditating on spiritual concepts!

Thanks for bringing this up. Have an awesome awesome afternoon and evening!

Mary Christine said...

For me, humility is a deep gratitude for who God made me to be.

steveroni said...

I'll stick with the old cliche, which works for me--when I work it!

Humility is NOT thinking less of myself.
It is thinking of myself less.

Good meeting topic!