Friday, July 30, 2010

Helping others / Being of service



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for a good Tradition Twelve meeting - principles over personalities, anonymity, humility. You know. The good stuff.

that I have a whole lot better grasp on twelfth step calls -- I was involved in one yesterday and was able to help guide another person how NOT to enable the using addict. Allowing a user to hit their bottom is a significant step for this people pleaser.

that I really got a lot done yesterday - very productive day

that I get to go to my 3 Friday meetings today

Always dream and shoot higher than you know you can do. Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself.
- William Faulkner


5 comments:

Syd said...

I would like to go on a 12th step call as a Al-Anoner to talk with the family. I've heard that's done but most AA intergroups perhaps don't know to do that. Interesting day for you.

Mary Christine said...

I wish I could go to three meetings today - instead of work.

Have a good day Daave.

steveroni said...

Enjoy your three--as I will MINE! We fortunate retired peeps. good day, good man...
S

Bill said...

William Faulkner: scribin' and imbibin' in the Old South.

Scott M. Frey said...

principles over personalities...
so important, so simple, so difficult sometimes :-)