Wednesday, July 28, 2010

my mind was a terrible thing to waste



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

to know that spirituality is a gift, not an achievement

that I have a wild imagination and someone to settle it down

for the impact that people-in-recovery have on me

that Houston has caught up on our 2010 rain deficit

"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes.

~~ somebody

5 comments:

steveroni said...

My waist is a terrible thing to mind

Mary Christine said...

I like your attitude my friend.

Syd said...

None of what you share is wasted. You are still sharp and must have had a lot of extra brain cells to spare.

Bill said...

I had a cranky, impatient attitude when I got up this morning, but my early morning meeting fixed it. I'm glad my solution is so simple.

Now if I could just track down those drivers that had to share the road with me on my way to the meeting so I could make amends...

Scott M. Frey said...

damage done or not, you've got plenty left to give, old man!

I love the attitude quotation, I agree! Attitude really does affect everything for me as well!