Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Overhead and Behind







todAAy i AAM grAAteful & thAAnkful

that today is the 41st anniversary of men first landing on the moon. I well remember watching it on television with my parents. I was 15 years old and fascinated by the space program. It was also my last year of sobriety until I would be 49 years old.

that I'm pretty damn happy, joyous and free. There's not much new in my life today but there's no big drama happening either. Life is just flowing. That reminds me ...

that I'm having a colonoscopy this morning, my second. I had one about 3 years ago. This brings to mind the story about a friend who had gastrointestinal problems and they eventually removed part of his colon. He did just fine without it except we always called him semi-colon. At least he was punctual.

Study the past, if you would divine the future.
- Confucius



5 comments:

Mary Christine said...

Good luck with the colonoscopy... but you have already been through the worst part. ewww.

Punctual.. funny.

steveroni said...

Hope the colonoscopy news is GOOD, dave. We don't EVER wanna call you semi-colon: Can we call you "colon"?
Sorry!
Peace?

Syd said...

Modern medicine needs to come up with a better way to "clean out" the colon. Yuck...I cannot stomach that stuff (no pun intended). Why not just a few pills before the procedure for a few days and live in the bathroom. Better than drinking that awful stuff. Anyway, good luck Dave. Hope that everything comes out okay!

JeremyRT said...

Semi-Colon: That's hilarious!
Good Luck!
Thanks for the smiles & inspiration

Carol said...

I will always think of you as a full colon, no matter what. Hope you had good news, I had my 2nd one awhile ago as it is what my sister died with a couple years ago in July. But no worries, it is always good and thank you for commenting on my blog.