Thursday, October 06, 2011

I'm still alive ...



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I am not quite as impulsive as I used to be (in some areas of my life).  I still usually buy on impulse when shopping.  But I have learned to pause when agitated when dealing with people who piss me off.  This is huge for moi.  My temper coupled with my sharp tongue used to get me in all kinds of trouble.  I was constantly needing to apologize and sometimes I actually did that.

for the aging process and that I am lucky enough to get to experience it

that my partner knows how to manipulate me into taking care of my health.  My natural instinct is to do little or nothing.  Today, I have my yearly physical exam.  I put it off for the past 4 months.  LOL

for the technology that we can attribute to the genius of Steve Jobs (R.I.P.)

Share our similarities, celebrate our differences.
- M. Scott Peck

4 comments:

Syd said...

Steve Jobs was a person that I respected so much.

I, too, pause when agitated. I have a sharp tongue as well and have to bite it on occasion.

Mary Christine said...

Sometimes I pause after my mouth has said something really clever - and then I have time to regret my "quick wit." But I am better than I used to be.

steveroni said...

Definition of 'impulsive': me.

Glad to have this extra time to get well (again). Have a good 16-month physical!

Unknown said...

'Pause when agitated' is preferable to 'go ahead anyway and prepare an apology just in case' - Celebrating
Sober 170 Days