Friday, October 28, 2011

A Reason, A Season, A Lifetime



Happy birthday Liz.

We had some great times together and I'll never forget them.

Unless I lose my memory, of course.


todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for the people who I will look back on and say, "I'm sure glad I got to meet ____."

that I stay so damn busy.  It's much better than the alternative.  For the past month or so, my cellphone battery is run down by mid-day and needs recharging.  I find this to be amazing for someone who is retired.

for the change in weather.  We can sure use a break from 85-90 degree temperatures.

that I get to act silly tomorrow night on stage in a drag show performance.  I'm NOT a performer, but allow myself to do these things in order to help raise money.



Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word happy would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness.
It is far better take things as they come along with patience and equanimity.
- Carl Jung

4 comments:

Mary Christine said...

I'm sure glad I got to meet Dave!

Syd said...

That title reminds me of JJ. I hope that she is well.
Yes, I am busy too. Not that busy on the phone but just busy with projects, hobbies, and all sorts of other stuff. You were right!

Carol said...

Tell us about Liz. Please. Your word verification is lamated. Let's not be lamented or laminated today.

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Hi dave... Swinging by your blog to say HEY... Been really overwhelmed with lots of stuff (life?) over at my place and haven't been able to blog or say hi as much as I'd like... Glad to see you're well!! XO