Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Oh yeah, I remember that first day



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that we had only the 2nd first-time newcomer at the 6:30am meeting yesterday.  This is rare, I guess because someone contemplating their first AA meeting is usually not awake by that time.  Or else they're just going to bed.  Understandably, he was nervous and he said so.  He looked weak.  He shared that he sometimes can't stop crying.  He got a DUI just last week.  Sound familiar?

that I haven't had the jitters (aka DT's) in 8 years

that I gained an appetite shortly after stopping drinking

for miracles -- big & small, noticed and unnoticed

for one-liners


Two things are infinite:
the universe and human stupidity;
and I'm not sure about the universe.
- Albert Einstein

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember my first meeting, how sheepish I was and amazed at all these sober people who were able to live without needing to get drunk. And how kind they were.

Mary Christine said...

We get a lot of first timers at my 6:30 meeting. They all say they picked it because they thought no one would be there. ha!

Syd said...

Glad that he made it to the meeting. And I like the Einstein quote. I'm with him.