Thursday, October 20, 2011

Strategies ....



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I won't have to make up any lies today about where I've been or what I've been doing. 
Or who I've been doing it with.

that the 6:30am meeting for which I'm getting ready for will be just about the perfect way to start my day in public.  Today will include reading Tradition 4 and discussing it. 
Tradition 4 culminates with the concept of not taking myself too damn seriously.

that the suggestions contained in the 12 steps of A.A. have worked really well in keeping me sober

for my sponsor



Forgiveness is not always easy.
At times, it feels more painful than the wound we suffered, to forgive the one that inflicted it.
And yet, there is no peace without forgiveness.
- Marianne Williamson

2 comments:

Mary Christine said...

Not lying is a really great way to live.

Syd said...

I am hoping for a day in which I don't take myself too seriously. In fact, I am glad to welcome a new day filled with all kinds of possibilities.