Monday, October 24, 2011

Taking inventory



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful


for first step meetings in A.A.  It's a tradition at the clubhouse of which I'm a member that whenever there's a first-time newcomer, we have a first step meeting.  I mostly love these.  But it sometimes amazes me how self-centered some folks can get when they share about their drinking experience(s) instead of saying something that a person with a big hangover might actually understand.  Well, I suppose I shouldn't be so judgemental.  I have a lot of work to do on me and it needs to be done before I can fix everybody else.  LOL

that my Higher Power allows me to screw up as much and as often as I wish.  Occasionally I even learn from my mistakes.

that I get to stick around, stay sober and see changes in so many people


After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb.
- Nelson Mandela

3 comments:

Mary Christine said...

It's hard to know what a person with a hangover will understand. They have come back to me later and told me what I said helped SO much. When I ask them what it was, they tell me something I know I never said. I think they hear what they need to hear whether anyone says it or not.

Syd said...

I like that you work on Step One when some new comes in. I imagine it is hard to hear at first as a hungover newcomer. The whole concept of recovery was hard for me to understand at first. But if they keep coming back, what is said will sink in.

Dallas said...

For over 10 years I was an addict and needed alcohol abuse detox help. When I got the help I needed, I could start living my life again.