Monday, October 24, 2011

Taking inventory



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful


for first step meetings in A.A.  It's a tradition at the clubhouse of which I'm a member that whenever there's a first-time newcomer, we have a first step meeting.  I mostly love these.  But it sometimes amazes me how self-centered some folks can get when they share about their drinking experience(s) instead of saying something that a person with a big hangover might actually understand.  Well, I suppose I shouldn't be so judgemental.  I have a lot of work to do on me and it needs to be done before I can fix everybody else.  LOL

that my Higher Power allows me to screw up as much and as often as I wish.  Occasionally I even learn from my mistakes.

that I get to stick around, stay sober and see changes in so many people


After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb.
- Nelson Mandela

2 comments:

Mary Christine said...

It's hard to know what a person with a hangover will understand. They have come back to me later and told me what I said helped SO much. When I ask them what it was, they tell me something I know I never said. I think they hear what they need to hear whether anyone says it or not.

Syd said...

I like that you work on Step One when some new comes in. I imagine it is hard to hear at first as a hungover newcomer. The whole concept of recovery was hard for me to understand at first. But if they keep coming back, what is said will sink in.