Friday, October 14, 2011

Things I'm remembering today ...



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I no longer have to pretend.  I can just be me.

for the issues that I am paying a lot of attention to these days ...
... have no expectations of anyone or anything.  That way, I won't be disappointed.
... Don't take it personally!  It's not always about me.
... Let no one steal my peace.  'Nuff said.

for those who are honest with me.  I like being able to trust people.  This has come hard for me because it seems like everyone I knew before I got sober earned my dis-trust.

Be kind whenever possible; and it is always possible.
- Tenzin Gyatso, the 14th Dalai Lama


2 comments:

Syd said...

Good stuff. I am still working on the trusting of humans but my HP rocks.

Mary Christine said...

It's not always about you, because sometimes it is about ME!