Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The light at the end ........



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that so many of us can have so many different views, yet all agree on the bottom line

for the challenges that living sober throws at me and my friends

that being a good listener is a real skill that I am trying to develop

that I began working with a new (to me) psychiatrist yesterday.  I no longer do regular visits but I do take some anxiety medication (which requires a session) which is a tremendous help.  It felt good to be totally honest with a stranger.  After an hour together, he agreed that I need the medication.  LOL

I want it said of me by those who knew me best, that I always plucked a thistle and planted a flower where I thought a flower would grow.
- Abraham Lincoln

6 comments:

Mary Christine said...

I have found that sometimes a flower will grow where only a thistle should.

Jess Mistress of Mischief said...

love Mary Christine's comment!

Anonymous said...

That looks like the Huguenot tunnel in South Africa.

A skilled psychiatrist is able to shed light on all kinds of obscureness.

steveroni said...

I agree w Mary C and Jessie--it was my first thought!

Syd said...

I also go for a "check up" visit with a shrink. It helps to take a mild anti-anxiety med. I sleep through the night without mind race.

Gavin said...

I was having trouble seeing light at the end of the tunnel...then I turned around...