Monday, October 10, 2011

Yo! It's Monday.



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful


for all the spiritual and recovery tools at my disposal each hour of every day.  When I remember to use them, life is pretty damn good.

that I know life is not all about me and the way I want things

that I am doing a few things I don't usually do in order to deepen my relationship at home

that today marks 5 whole years since I smoked a cigarette.  After smoking 3 packs/day for 36 years, I was finally done.  I wanted to stop and my HP made that possible.  I have not been tempted to smoke since that day.  My smoking counter (on the sidebar) says I would have smoked 91,300 cigarettes in that time, costing about $21,000.  More importantly, it's possibly added about 99 weeks to my life.
This would never have happened if I had continued to drink.

that we had some meaningful rain here in SE Texas over the weekend.  We are 26" behind in our annual rainfall.  We've only had about 8" instead of the normal 34".  We normally have a semi-tropical climate.  But now there are millions of dead trees everywhere.  Most yards are brown intead of green.  Reservoirs at all-time lows.  So yesterday we finally had some real rainfall. 

Love me when I least deserve it,
because that's when I really need it.
- Swedish Proverb

5 comments:

Pammie said...

I'm not even complaining about the frizz in my hair!
I drove to a meeting last night and the ditches were full and approaching the road.YAHOO
My yard had a smile.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on not smoking for five years.

Syd said...

Good for you about stopping smoking. I am glad that we have had some regular rainfall over the last couple of months. It will be rainy for the next two days. Loving that.

Mary Christine said...

I remember when you quit smoking! I am so glad you did.

guinevere said...

oh my god, Dave, congratulations on your FIVE YEARS without tobacco. i'm so happy for you. did you quit smoking the same way you quit drinking?