Thursday, October 13, 2011

Which Way?



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAANkful

for awareness that the practice of Step 3 (for this alcoholic) must remain a constant in my everyday life.  Sometimes, it must be at the forefront of my conscious thinking every hour. My tendency instinct is to control and/or manipulate my world to suit my wishes.  I want everything lined up just the way I like it.  A little deviation might be OK, but not much.

Step 3 is teaching me a new way of thinking. It's actually OK if everything isn't the way I want it.  It's OK to let others have their way, especially when it doesn't even affect me.  I don't even have to tell you every time when you aren't doing what I want you to do.  I can let you make mistakes, just like you let me.

"Many of us said to our Maker, as we understood Him:  God, I offer myself to Thee -- to build with me and to do with me as Thou wilt.  Relieve me of the bondage of self, that I may better do Thy will.  Take away my difficulties, that victory over them may bear witness to those I would help of Thy Power, Thy Love, and Thy Way of life.  May I do Thy will always."


We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.
- Walt Disney

2 comments:

Mary Christine said...

Step three is the stuff of miracles!

Syd said...

I have to stay in Step Three to be in good shape emotionally and spiritually.