Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Who shall I be today?



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I never suffered from denial of my alcoholism.  I did, however, deny that my alcoholism was the cause of any personal problems.  It wasn't until I sat in enough AA meetings that things began to make some sense.

that, as a sober man, I enjoy doing volunteer work.  For decades, my mother suggested I get involved with volunteer wok in some degree.  (She had always been heavily involved with her church activities)  But my job(s) and bar hours gave me plenty of excuses prevented me from getting involved.  I can look back and see how difficult it would have been to get involved whilst sitting on a barstool.

that the results of my physical exam from last week are excellent.  Everything is working the way it should but I still have a follow-up on some artery blockage.  (I've had peripheral artery disease for about 5 years)

He who spends time regretting the past,
loses the present and risks the future.
- Quevedo

5 comments:

steveroni said...

Dave, glad to read that testing results are 'excellent'. Now keep those pipes clean, Sir.

Mary Christine said...

I am glad to hear your physical went well. I am so proud of all the action you have taken for your health!

Sober Julie said...

Thankful that your tests are clear!! another reason to be grateful.

Syd said...

Good for you on volunteer work. I like that. And for the results of a physical. Happy that all is well.

Monty said...

dAAve...Great pic, I feel like this frequently in the morning.
I've been working alot on staying in the moment and fear of the future!! Keep it up!