Friday, May 05, 2006

Cars, Trucks and Automobiles


I got my drivers license on my 16th birthday (1970). That first year, I drove my Mom's car whenever I could steal the keys pretty much, whenever I wanted to. It was a 1970 Mercury Capri. I only had 2 accidents in that car that first year. We also had a '69 Firebird..
I just had one little fender-bender in that one
When I was 17, my Dad bought me a used '66 Chevelle SuperSport. A 2-door coupe. Fast car. Neat car. Other cars I've had (in the order I've had them) ...
)

1956 Plymouth (had this for 2 days before I cracked the block1969 Chevy Nova 2-door (very very basic)
1965 Buick Wildcat 4-door hardtop (fancy car, blew the engine after 2 months)
1974 Chevy Malibu 2-door coupe
1979 Chevy Malibu 2-door coupe
1965 Lincoln Continental (a plaything for bar-hopping)
1985 Chevy Celebrity 4-door
1988 Ford Bronco II
1993 Ford Thunderbird
1997 Ford Mustang
1999 Ford F-150 pickup
1994 Ford F-150 pickup
2005 Toyota RAV4

I wonder what's next.

12 comments:

recoveryroad said...

I never learned top drive. Given the amount I used to drink, that was a good thing.

But I do like Mustangs....we could have gone cruising. Cooooool. Lol.

recoveryroad said...

Er. Meant "to drive". Doh!

Mary Christine said...

Perhaps a new beetle? Or maybe a mini cooper?

dAAve said...

MC - I like both of those. The Beetle and Mini. However, I also like sitting up higher in a truck style vehicle. That was the problem with the Mustang. I felt like I was sitting on the pavement.

Daily Piglet said...

My God, those are AWESOME cars!!! LUCKY, LUCKY LUCKY YOU!

I drove ghetto cars, and a lemon that my very own mother sold me!

My dream car is a Bentley. My "kiss my ass car" is a Jaguar.

NMAMFQLMSH said...

Holy crap........i could never remember the cars I had. I don't remember shit.
icu,
jj

autotrader said...

This blog is a keeper...good work...auto trader classic car that page has some good info

Paul Adams said...

I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you, Blogger, a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
If you have a moment, please visit my site:
used car web site
It covers used car web site related contents.
I send you warm regards and wish you continued success.

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a race cars site/blog. It pretty much covers ##KEYWORD## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

See Ya There!!!

Paul Adams said...

Hi, Fellow!I like your blog!
I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
I have a used car web site
site. It pretty much covers used car web site related subjects.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Best regards!

used honda auto parts said...

A fantastic blog yours. Keep it up.
If you have a moment, please visit my used honda auto parts site.
I send you warm regards and wish you continued success.

Anonymous said...

Handy man and Repairmen

Can You Fix this and Can you fix that well

european home plans Advice at http://remodeling11.com/bee.pl?ki=master&remodeling=home . If you are Looking for european home plans Then Here it is