Thursday, May 04, 2006

More Consequences

todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I'll do a quick visit to see my Mom this morning after which I meet with a sponsee before the 12:15p AA meeting

that I was able to toss away my pride and ego yesterday so that I could continue to make progress in my recovery -- it's not always easy, but it sure is worth it

that there is someone in my life who is willing to listen to my shit without slapping me

that I got to hear the AA story of a good friend who recently celebrated 30 years of sobriety - there were 2 other members present with over 30 years, so we almost had a senior's basketball team

that scott will soon be visiting Houston and we may have a Dinner & a Meeting For Bloggers; we being myself, scott w and lex-sunshine

Life is like a ten-speed bike. Most of us have gears we never use.
-Charles M. Schultz

3 comments:

Sunshine said...

: ) Happy Thrusday dAAve! I can't wait for our little get together!

Shannon said...

awwwee!!! I wanna come too!

Daily Piglet said...

Hot damn that sounds like FUN!!! The blessings never stop coming do they?