Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Comfort Zone

todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I actually made a couple of "program" calls yesterday - a very rare thing for me to do

for a meeting on anonymity; I discussed this blog and our recovery community and how it may relate to Tradition 11

that I feel a little more comfortable today than yesterday while trying to deal with an uncomfortable situation; practicing Step 3 can really be difficult at times, but I don't give up

that hanging around an AA clubhouse is more entertaining than any reality TV show

With hurricanes, tornados, fires out of control, mud slides, flooding and severe thunderstorms tearing up the country from one end to another, and with the threat of bird flu and terrorist attacks, "Are we sure this is a good time to take God out of the Pledge of Allegiance?"
- Jay Leno

8 comments:

Scott W said...

Something happen in the Half Measures Room again?

Sunshine said...

cheapest entertainment you can get for a buck!!! : ) I love AA!

Shannon said...

ooh Jay is a wise wise man, more people should listen to him

LOL yea my old home group is more entertainng that Jerry Springer - YUK that is not good

JJ said...

sharing is caring.....thanks for sharing.
i see you,
jj

joey said...

You know Dave I have been reading your blog for some time now, and I have to say you are quite an inspiration. Even for those of us who haven't been afflicted, your determination is contagious. I have always wanted to ask you, and this may seem like a wierd question, but, do you find that because of following the program you are a more organized person?

Scott M. Frey said...

hanging around an aa clubhouse is better than reality tv... I LOVE it!! I too am a people watcher.... y'all have a great clubhouse down there at Lambda, it was sooooo kool to hang out there with you, Scott and your friends, thanks again for a great visit!

Mary Christine said...

Being surrounded by alcoholics is always entertaining, but sometimes a little bit too entertaining.

Scott M. Frey said...

you know, that anonymity thing has been on my mind since I began blogging. I kind of sorta like being somewhat anonymous online. None of my friends, well one does, knows about my blog...

and again, sorry about dropping outta sight on you guys... was aweomse to got to know you better!