Thursday, May 25, 2006

Road Trips

todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that virtually every morning I seem to be busy, every day of the week. Remember now, I'm retired.

that I surprised my Mom yesterday morning with an unannounced visit. She wants to go see her empty home, so I will take her on Saturday. We close on the sale (hopefully) in 8 days.

that I have always had an excellent sense of timing and promptness. It worked well yesterday when I arrived at the airport/passenger pick-up door to get a friend just as he walked out of the baggage area. Neither of us had any waiting time.

I've always been a people watcher (speaking of airports)

for a chat with a friend whose recent experience reminded me that a sponsor should never be a taxi, banker or hotel to a sponsee

Service is the rent you pay for room on this planet.
-Shirley Chisholm

5 comments:

Scott W said...

I really hope the trip to her house goes well for Pat. That she sees it as closure and not distress. She is a survivor and I admire her for that.

Scott M. Frey said...

i love the quote about service/rent... if that's the case, and I am sure it is, you've got a palace dAAve foro the service you give to others, for the care you provide your mom.... you're rent is paid up for sure!

Mary Christine said...

I hope the trip to an empty house is OK for her. I don't think I would want to be there for that. I would be crying my eyes out.

Thank God she has her sober Daave.

JJ said...

Amen!
I see you,
JJ

Daily Piglet said...

Love the service quote. How true. Service is awesome.