Tuesday, May 02, 2006

The Inventory continues

"Few people have been more victimized by resentments than have we alcoholics. It mattered little whether our resentments were justified or not. A burst of temper could spoil a day, and a well-nursed grudge could make us miserably ineffective. Nor were we ever skillful in separating justified from unjustified anger. As we saw it, our wrath was always justified. Anger, that occasional luxury of more balanced people, could keep us on an emotional jag indefinitely."
TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, page 90

todAAy i AAm grAAteful thAAt i hAAve not

had nor wanted to have an alcoholic drink in 2 years, 7 months, 27 days

had a major resentment since I made my amends according to Step 9 of Alcoholics Anonymous

lost my passion for staying sober and enjoying recovery

acted on some of my thoughts that I've had the past 2+ years

stopped practicing Steps 6 & 7 every night for the past 2+ years

Heroism consists in hanging on one minute longer.
-Norwegian proverb

3 comments:

Shannon said...

not to be generic, but great list
thanks for remindin me of a few things

Gooey Munster said...

"have not lost my passion for staying sober and enjoying recovery"

All about action, and knowing your from your recovery blog you are doing the work. A passionate sober memeber of AA -- gives hope to those with no passion to live.

Mary Christine said...

I thought you were saying you were grateful you stopped practicing steps 6 and 7... I had to back up and read that you are grateful that you had NOT...