Wednesday, September 27, 2006
12 Things that Rock!
Rodney and I recently stayed at
The New Yorker Hotel.
34th Streeet @ 8th Avenue.
Built in 1931, it has seen its share of the famous and not so famous, including Muhammed Ali, Babe Ruth and Ty Cobb.
Maybe Barney Fife too.
todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful
to get back in the swing of my meetings @ Lambda
to see so many of my recovery friends and to meet Bill, Hayden's new friend, still drinking but going to some meetings (reminds me of me, just 1117 days ago)
for a new topic on Sobriety Society
that tomorrow is hAAlf nAAked thursdAAy
TWELVE THINGS THAT ROCK !
(an idea I stole from Motorcycle Mike)
3. my Higher Power and his/her compassion, love and sense of humor
4. my Mom, my sister, my sponsor
6. almost every one of my recovery friends and acquaintances
7. chicken fried steaks and big, juicy hamburgers
8. freeways with little or no traffic
9. The Astros
10. my cats
12. sobriety (this is where it all starts and ends)
Nothing gives one person so much advantage over another as to remain always cool and unruffled under all circumstances.