Wednesday, September 27, 2006

12 Things that Rock!


Rodney and I recently stayed at
The New Yorker Hotel.
34th Streeet @ 8th Avenue.

Built in 1931, it has seen its share of the famous and not so famous, including Muhammed Ali, Babe Ruth and Ty Cobb.
Maybe Barney Fife too.
Who knows?


todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

to get back in the swing of my meetings @ Lambda

to see so many of my recovery friends and to meet Bill, Hayden's new friend, still drinking but going to some meetings (reminds me of me, just 1117 days ago)

for a new topic on Sobriety Society
that tomorrow is hAAlf nAAked thursdAAy

TWELVE THINGS THAT ROCK !
(an idea I stole from Motorcycle Mike)

1. sobriety
2. recovery
3. my Higher Power and his/her compassion, love and sense of humor
4. my Mom, my sister, my sponsor
5. Hayden
6. almost every one of my recovery friends and acquaintances
7. chicken fried steaks and big, juicy hamburgers
8. freeways with little or no traffic
9. The Astros
10. my cats
11. blogging
12. sobriety (this is where it all starts and ends)

Nothing gives one person so much advantage over another as to remain always cool and unruffled under all circumstances.
-Thomas Jefferson

10 comments:

JJ said...

I think you rock dAAve!
I see you,
JJ

My adventures said...

more ny pics!!! lol... my trip got cancelled again...

Scott W said...

I severly dislike that ruffled place.

Anonymous said...

You rock!

Anonymous said...

mmmm ... hamburgers ...

Trudging said...

I love Barney Fife and chicken fried steaks

Mary Christine said...

I want to stay in the Barney Fife Memorial Suite.

lash505 said...

Forgot one you rock. Did buy a new ring yet?

Unknown said...

Oh I have to hit S.S. ;)

Anonymous said...

I counted 18!