Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Winding down before winding up

perspective 3
todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for a day with a smile on my face;

now that I think about it, the entire day was spent with Hayden as he began winding up his visit

to be with someone who really knows me better than I know myself

that we had dinner with my sponsor and Scott

for the recovery program that is offered by Alcoholics Anonymous;

It works, it really does!

that I have still attended my regular AA meetings during Hayden's visit and he's gone to a number of them with me

that I will be off to NYC tomorrow with Rodney

that all you guys keep visiting me each day although I have had little time to get around to visit you (this is rare for me)

All who would win joy, must share it; happiness was born a twin.

-Lord Byron

13 comments:

Redhead Gal said...

I'm glad you have had such a great visit with Hayden. You will have time to visit when he's home again.

Mary Christine said...

I am so glad you have had such a nice visit with Hayden.

Tennessee Santa said...

It seems like you have had a great time with Hayden. You sure do come up with some powerful photo comparisons especially with your comments.

GOOOOOD ol Rockytop... rockytop tennesseeeeee! said...

Hola! Hope all is well! Great photos Dave!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a nice time with Hayden, dAAve. Keeping together relationships with those with whom we have some history is important for us -- just one woman's opinion.....
You can visit the rest of us when things settle down for you--until then, I'll STILL come to read you every time I am online.
Peace,
Scout

Shannon said...

I am really happy for you and Hayden to have each other... thanks for sharing your visits have a safe trip to NYC

Trudging said...

Glad that things are going well.

Anonymous said...

You sound great Daave.
It has been a pleasure to read about your time with Hayden as he is a such a special human to you :)
Have a fab time in New York.
Look forwards to reading about it
when you get back.Pictures too ??
Keep taking good care,
Thanks for sharing~

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Dave! I hope you have a great time in NYC, and it's sounds like you had an amazing time with Hayden. Have fun :)

joey said...

I love that quote - I have a feeling it's going to be in my head for days.

JJ said...

It does work damn it!
Happy for you spending time with Hayden......give him a big fat tongue kiss from me.
Have a blast in NYC.
I'll be thinking of you.

lash505 said...

It is a deadly one..

Anonymous said...

Nice photo of yourself and Hayden.

Obese children make me very sad.