Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Open For Business


Rodney standing on the
TOP OF THE ROCK

(Rockefeller Center observation deck)


todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

to be home (again)

for 2 very easy and safe flights; both times we were bumped up to an earlier flight because we were at the airport early enough

for the lovely people we met in NYC; people both in recovery and not (including, of course, Mr. H.K.) We must have walked at least 30 miles in Midtown, Hell's Kitchen, Chelsea and Greenwich Village.

for the 6 AA meetings that Rodney and I attended in NYC over the past 5 days; meetings are done a little differently in NYC than here

for Lambda Center, right here in H-town

for getting a little bit out of my comfort zone and going to 2 (count 'em) two Broadway shows; The Lion King and Momma Mia!

that Hayden is still here with me because he decided to remain an extra week

that he has embraced Lambda Center and has actually participated in some 12-step work although he is not an alcoholic

that I am getting closer to the day of stopping smoking; I am doing this very methodically and preparing myself psychologically so I can quit cold turkey and not look back

Dreams are but thoughts until their effects be tried.
-William Shakespeare

17 comments:

JJ said...

Welcome home.....I missed you much!
I see you,
JJ

Mary Christine said...

I am so glad to see you back! Yay! I am also glad to see you are preparing to quit smoking. Cold Turkey is how I quit and I highly recommend it.

My adventures said...

daave... you're giving up fags? good for you!!! oct. 19th is 2 years for me !! WHERE'S MY DAMNED CHIP !!! lol... good luck...

My adventures said...

oh, and wasn't mamma mia FABULOUS !!! i've seen it in london, houston and nyc !!! can't wait for the Queen Musical to hit the u.s.!!!

Pam Jarnagin said...

Welcome back, dAAVe!!! I missed you SOOOOO much, but I'm glad you had a great time! It's so cool that Hayden's going to stay an extra week, too!

I quit smoking 23 years ago, and have smoked only a handful of cigarettes since then (maybe 15 all total??). MUCH easier to do that quitting drinking, for me anyway. You can do it!

Gooey Munster said...

Sounds like a fabuLOUS time. How was the Lion King? Any tears shed?

Scott W said...

One craving at a time.

Shannon said...

YAY DAAVE I AM happy you are back!!!!!
it all sounds good looking forward to pics maybe...? if not thats ok too
and you can do it with the non smoking...
it has been 2 1/2 yrs for me and its a struggle at time... but I just tell myself... I wont feel like this forever... and I dont
that helps me

Anonymous said...

Tranquility has landed. Welcome home. Saw both shows in LA. Loved Mama Mia.

Carly said...

Glad you're back! Love seeing the photos. You are radiant!

Anonymous said...

What an amazing life you live Daave.
I love it..two Broadways shows on top of every other great thing!
Thanks for sharing.
PS.
Good to read you are thinking about quiting smoking too :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome back. Hope to see you at Lambda soon. Ricky!!!

Redhead Gal said...

I missed you, dAAve. Glad you are back. Next time you to NY, you have to catch Rent. It's great.

Mike said...

Welcome bAAck.

You and your HP can tackle the smoke issue.

Thanks for being...

lash505 said...

Missed you Mr Dave.

Anonymous said...

Glad I was sitting down when I read you had been to 2 shows - that is a first. Hope you enjoyed Lion King as much as I did. Where's my postcard??
Hope you actually quit the smoking I am sure it will be better for you and the cats.

Unknown said...

I am so jealous!! I live a hop skip and a jump away and cannot get it together to see a show. Last I saw was BlueManGroup last year. We took Reid. Yay for your great trip!