Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Back home ...



Employee
of
the
Month




todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that there ain't no place like home

that Mom's doctor gave her a new prescription for her depression

that I went 3 days without an AA meeting and am still sober and relatively sane; Hayden only had to smack me upside the head for a couple of hours on Day 2

that prayer plays such an important part in my life each day

for a late lunch at my sisters house in the country

for a great 3-day getaway with Hayden -- we went to Austin and San Antonio, Texas

that I don't particularly enjoy hanging out in bars anymore but can do it with no desire to have an alcoholic drink

that I don't have to get naked just because everyone else is - CLICK HERE

that I can still play pool and handle a cue stick with authority after 3 years of not playing

You can tell more about a person by what he says about others than you can by what others say about him.
-Leo Aikman

11 comments:

Mary Christine said...

Yay! Daave's Back! Glad you had a nice time.

Scott W said...

"...that I went 3 days without an AA meeting..."

Are you sure you are Dave U?

Trudging said...

I am glad that you guys had a good time.

Anonymous said...

Im glad you are back and that you had a great time with Hayden. I think Scott has something to say to you...lol

Pam Jarnagin said...

Missed you! Welcome back!! I'm glad you had a good time away, but you're right - NO place like home!

Unknown said...

Wow ~ a couple of hours of "head" smackin huh?

Glad you had fun and didn't feel the need to be naked ~ giggles ;)

Welcome home

JJ said...

Just stopping by to tell you I love you.
I see you too,
JJ

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good time Daave.
Thanks for sharing~

Redhead Gal said...

Glad your back. Thanks for your warm support on my blog.

Jonathan29 said...

I just realized that this picture has been me the last few days.

Anonymous said...

I haven't been to a meeting all week (my huz was on a buz trip) and I am jumping for joy b/c I go tonight (and tomorrow and the day after that and the day after that)!!!

I love Austin and SA, I fell in love with my huz on Riverwalk. Paisano's italian restaurant will always be very close to my heart.