Wednesday, September 20, 2006

... and, they're off


todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that Hayden and I have had the opportunity to not only heal our relationship which I severely damaged during my last drinking days, but have renewed it, nourished it and deepened it beyond any level I might have imagined. I don't know what the future holds, so stay tuned.

that Rodney and I are off to NYC today. I will be back early next week and don't plan on accessing this blog until then. It's a vacation, damnit!

The state of your life is nothing more than a reflection of your state of mind.
-Dr. Wayne Dyer

It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us...Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start.

-Mother Teresa

14 comments:

Jonathan29 said...

Have fun on your trip! Say hi to the Donald.

Mary Christine said...

The picture of you and Hayden brought a huge smile to my face.

I am going to miss you while you are gone, but have a good time!

Scott W said...

We'll keep your seat warm. Hurry back!

JJ said...

Happy, happy, happy.....for you!
I see you,
JJ

My adventures said...

that's an old picture of you and rodney... that was at my house 2 yrs ago... i'll be arriving in nyc on monday, maybe i'll pass you guys in the airport... have a blast, i know i'm gonna...

Trudging said...

Next time your in NYC let me know, maybe I could drive down and we could meet.

Trudge

p.s. Do you have a thing for younger men?

Anonymous said...

What a great pictured dAAve. I am happy to hear that your relationship has healed. So funny when we dont put expectations on things how they turn out. Enjoy yourself in NYC and I look forward to your return:)

Pam Jarnagin said...

dAAve, you sound GREAT! I'm so happy that your relationship with Hayden is healing and growing (BTW, he is seriously H-O-T!!).

I LOVE the quote you shared from Mother Theresa. This is exactly what my HP has been showing me the last week or so. Thanks so much for sharing it. Have a GREAT trip to NY! You will be missed.
xoxo

Shannon said...

I am so glad you had such a wonderful time with Hayden

you and rodney have a safe trip and lots of fun... show us all the wonderful sites you get to see

and i love wayne dryer

Alcoholic Brain said...

Way to go dAAve...Take it easy.

Anonymous said...

Trudge makes me laugh.
so do you, dAAve.
Have fun and hurry back to us--we are saving a seat for you.
Scout

Anonymous said...

You sure lead an interesting
and fun life Daave :)
Hope you have a wonderful time
on your trip to NY ..lucky you!!!
Thanks for sharing ~

Unknown said...

I will most definitely stay tuned. My heart is feeling all kinds of sappy ;)

Scott M. Frey said...

great quotes, love em... I am happy, so happy to hear about your healing with Hayden, that's what recovery, and the patience of true friends is all about... mircales occur everyday, I am grateful to ahve shared in yours, my friend!