Monday, September 18, 2006

Thinking out loud ...

perspective 5
todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that Houston Roundup had a fun and successful auction Friday night

for a productive Lambda Board meeting on Saturday

that Sonny is back at Lambda after 5 weeks recuperating from heart-bypass surgery and its complications

for a rain-shortened visit to the Houston Zoo on Friday

that we went to visit 3 of Houston's top museums Sunday; I have lived in Houston for most of my 52 years and this was my first time to visit

that Hayden and I can always work out our differences, of which there are many

for this week's topic on Sobriety Society - stop by and give us some input

Age is all imagination. Ignore years and they'll ignore you.

-Ella Wheeler-Wilcox


17 comments:

JJ said...

I'm ignoring the years. I'm ignoring the years. I'm ignoring the years.
I see you,
JJ

Rex said...

Sounds like great fun!

Mary Christine said...

Thanks Always for sharing your experience, strength, and hope with us.

tkdjunkie said...

Thank goodness you two can work out your differences. That is a HUGE blessing. Thanks for sharing :)

Scott W said...

Never been to a Houston museum? What? Have you no culture?

dAAve said...

None at all, Scott. None at all.
Well, that's not entirely true. I have some buttermilk.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing :)

Pam Jarnagin said...

Very thought-provoking pic. Thanks for sharing.

I would participate in the Sobriety Society thing, but even sober and unhungover, that red background hurts my eyes and gives me the heebie-jeebies.

Gooey Munster said...

Museums are cool. Glad to learn that you are building some culture ;)

Unknown said...

Thanks dAAve ;)

Anonymous said...

You always write such interesting posts Daave.From your mind to ours..
thanks for sharing,everyday!

Tennessee Santa said...

That was a powerful photo combination and title

jake said...

Great post my friend....

Mike said...

Blog whore # 14 checking in here.

Anonymous said...

Love the Age quote...so true!


Christie

Anonymous said...

Oppps

SC Momma...

Shannon said...

I sooo needed some perspective thanks dAAve you rock..