Thursday, September 28, 2006

hAAlf nAAked thursdAAy


Hayden, my own personal Angel, returns to his home country of Trinidad & Tobago tomorrow. He's taking some university courses which begin the next day.

Don't get me wrong, he has many flaws too, but he's not an alcoholic (yet) and he initiated my entrance into the rooms of AA. He literally saved my life twice.

Current plans are for him to return early next year. For a much longer stay than one month.
(his face does not really look like this; he asked for a little anonymity)

see more HNT-ers here

todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I attend a daily AA meeting at 6:30am where I can be brutally honest and feel safe about it

that we visited my Mom yesterday; she's not doing very well, but continues to hang in there

to hear an AA story (qualification) of a very dysfunctional family gone functional

for the beautiful weather we've had this week

that I've been to NYC twice in 3 months and have yet to walk inside a bar; in my previous life, I would have drank in at least 10 bars, probably many more

that my leg problems associated with Peripheral Artery Disease have improved greatly over the past 6 weeks; I only had 1 flareup while walking all those miles around Manhattan

that my very good friend Kenny (recovery road) is staying sober and as upbeat as possible despite some serious eyesight problems. I don't know what my HP's plan is for Kenny, but I must trust that there is a reason.

I like nonsense; it wakes up the brain cells.
-Dr. Seuss

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Great about your leg problems. I can't tell you how happy I am that you and H have plans. Don't ask me why. I am a sucka for love I guess.

G~

Mary Christine said...

I would personally like to thank Hayden for saving your life.

JJ said...

OK I am going to say here what I said on the HNT blog.............
MOVE THE FRIGGIN' FLAG!!!!!
I see you but want to see more...lol,
JJ

JJ said...

I've started "A Hayden move the flag" movement on my blog.
lol
jj

Recovery Road London said...

:-)

i'm developing an acute sense of smell...just in case it all goes dark on me...you smell good, dude.

lol.

My adventures said...

was that a christmas arrangement on the bathroom counter?

Recovery Road London said...

Ta for the support, Dave.

K .x.

Mary Christine said...

I'm with JJ - Move the Freakin' Flag!

Anonymous said...

Very cute post, and I am happy for you on the leg problems. I feel your pain and know it really sucks.

I don't want the flag moved, but mainly b/c I like a little mystery.

Glad this went well for you Dave, you are so worth it.