Thursday, May 31, 2007

hAAlf nAAked thursdAAy

At Lambda Center in Houston, AA anniversaries are celebrated on the last Saturday of the month. In May, there were 29 celebrants with a total of 311 years of sobriety. Everyone gets some cake. Their friends do too. ummmmmmmmmmm

See more of the hAAlf nAAked thursdAAy bloggers HERE

todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for small AA meetings -- by small, I mean 4 or 5 people, maybe 8 or 10. The morning meeting I attend is one of those. Yesterday, we began with just 3 at 6:30am. There were 2 stragglers, so by 6:50am there were 5 of us. One of those was a visitor from out of town who arrived the previous night and needed a meeting. It was his first time in Houston and he found us on the internet. We discussed "having a conscience in sobriety" and the discussion went strong until we broke at 7:30am. Great stuff!!

that I got to hear the superb presentation of the AA story of a person two years into her recovery

that I'm returning this morning for my first full workout with my new trainer, who just happens to be quite pleasing on the eyes

"We promise according to our hopes and perform according to our fears."
-- Francois, Duc de La Rochefoucauld

10 comments:

Mary Christine said...

Man, that cake looks good. Your 6:30 meetings sounds wonderful, of course, now I have been there, so I can really imagine it!

Pammie said...

love the quote at the end Daave. I think I'll ponder that today.

Trudging said...

Ooooooooo cake! I know what you mean about small meetings. Small groups are so important

JJ said...

Awesome!
JJ

Redhead Gal said...

aren't they all easy on the eyes?

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Love that naked ear!

Hope you enjoyed that Bday cAAke!

Scott W said...

That picture looks familiar.

lushgurl said...

Small meetings are great for sure! Did ya save me a piece of that cake?

Pammie said...

Hi Daave...I wish I could share my birthday with lots of folks! But I'm only going to celebrate once this year at my Monday Night Womens meeting. I am however, thinking about coming to the Ms. Lambda thing, on I think ...June 16th.

Clarity said...

Yummy, about the cake and your new trainer!