Friday, May 11, 2007

No Theory Here


Prince Charles did not accompany his mum on her recent visit to the USA.


todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

to go with the flow

that I pretty much took a day off yesterday -- for me!

for the occasional wisdom to know the difference

for a new-found ability (willingness?) to just shut-the-hell-up instead of making wise-ass comments that may be hurtful or insensitive. Does this mean "I'd rather be happy than right?"

for a really productive hour-long session with my shrink and the suggestions he offers

that today is Friday and another weekend looms large

for the wiLd WeAthEr we had last night -- one of the brightest lightning storms I've ever seen (that I can remember)

The days are too short even for love; how can there be enough time for quarreling?
-Margaret Gatty

13 comments:

Redhead Gal said...

Good morning, dAAve. Not sure what to make of that photo, eek.

I know what you mean about the wise ass remarks. Even funny, well intended ones can leave a mark.

Mary Christine said...

Glad you took a day off for you yesterday. Hope it was a nice one.

Pammie said...

Dave, if you could please write down the steps to take for me to shut my wise ass mouth up sometimes,it would be greatly appreciated.

dAAve said...

dear pam

R.E.S.T.R.A.I.N.T.
Z.I.P. I.T.

Trudging said...

It is awesome not to have to be right all the time anymore.

Scott W said...

Your new found behavior may leave me groaning less.

Shannon said...

You are so good... I work on keeping my mouth shut too LOL

PS so since you have also just started riding... how is your "seat" feeling?

ArahMan7 said...

Is that Charles?

lushgurl said...

G'morning dAAve, uh, make thet afternoon! Thanks for the invite to HNT- I'M IN!!!
Have a great weekend !
HUGS

Zanejabbers said...

But Daave, those wa remarks are so you and so expected. I almost what you are going to say as soon as I say something. NOW THAT IS SCARY!

Syd said...

I like the quote about love and quarreling. I would much rather love than quarrel even if the time is short.

Unknown said...

Nothing better than a good mental health day.

johno said...

Daave, I really have to work at not making wisecracks, i dont always succeed. Saying nothing takes practice. Great picture tho :-) !!