Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Looking Inward

It seems that most of us, by the time we reached the rooms of AA or another 12-step program, were no longer the beautiful creature we once were.

todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for Steps 6 and 7 and the acceptance that I will never complete them; I must apply them daily

for the opportunity and pleasure to watch the recovery of Laura L., who last week was able to buy her first-ever brand new automobile. She just celebrated 2 years of being clean and sober and is the most remarkable example of recovery I have yet to see.
Another one of the miracles!!

that the rocks in my head fit the holes in Hayden's
(stolen from page 397 Alcoholics Anonymous)

that my life as a sober drunk is much better than I could have ever imagined

for this continuing shift in my thinking and attitude

that today, I need to remember about Rule #62
(if you have forgotten what that is, see page 149 of Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions)

that tomorrow is hAAlf nAAked thursdAAy; see ya there

We do not see things as they are.
We see them as we are.
-The Talmud

10 comments:

Sober Steve said...

Morning ...I'm off to go grab me 12/12 book. Read the bb a lot last night...Using all the tools I can.

peace

Mary Christine said...

Love the Talmud quote. Have a good day.

Pammie said...

Have a good day Dave!
The pic.......made me hungry.

Scott W said...

RE: that photograph "Unfortunately, one evening I did have a brief relapse, but part of recovery is relapse." That is part of David Hasselhoff's explanation accompanying that video. What we do NOT hear enough of is that relapse does NOT have to be part of recovery.

lushgurl said...

Ain't it great how we can use the tools everyday!
love and HUGS

Zanejabbers said...

Before I got sober I had chicken in bed one night - next to the bed, all over me, under the pillows,etc. Thanks God there are no pictures of that. I agree with Scott W. have a great day.

Syd said...

The video of Hasselhoff was bad enough but the fact that his daughter taped it was really hard to think about. I'm wondering if his daughter realized that she was powerless over alcohol and it's affects on him.

Scott W said...

I noticed today from the front of the room, that flat top you are growing will give you a more pointed head!

Recovery Road London said...

Hey Davey-boy...

I'm just cruising through.

Hi!

Bye!

Hope you're well today.

Anonymous said...

wow!!
That is awesome news about Laura. I am going to have to congratulate her next time I see her.
Thanks for sharing that info