Saturday, May 31, 2008

Drink, Steal, Swear & Lie

sent to me by a friend ...

DRINK, STEAL, SWEAR & LIE

I met this guy while I was in Albuquerque and he has a motto he lives by everyday. He said listen carefully and live by these 4 rules :
Drink, Steal, Swear, & Lie.

I was shaking my head 'no', but he then told me to listen while he explained his four rules. So here they are :

1.. "Drink" from the "everlasting cup" every day.
2.. "Steal" a moment to help someone that is in worse shape than you are.
3.. "Swear" that you will be a better person today than yesterday.
4.. And last, but not least, when you "lie" down at night thank God you live in America and have freedom.

I am not as good as I should be, I am not as good as I could be.
But THANK GOD I am better than I used to be !

Have a memorable weekend.
It's AA Birthday Night at Lambda tonight.

6 comments:

Mary Christine said...

Have a great Birthday Night at Lambda!

Zanejabbers said...

Good boy. Good Daave. Liked the little story.

Scott W said...

A Saturday with freedom. Thanks.

Shannon said...

I have heard that before I dig it

Bill said...

That's advice worth stealing, so I will.

Recovery Road London said...

1 - 4 work for this maverick alkie! Like it.

Dave - baby, baby, baby....what have thee done to thine blog template? *grins*