Friday, May 09, 2008

THPIF


When the lightning flashes, this is not what you want to see……...
Taken Thursday night, April 3, 2008.
Lariat # 2 -- Sandridge Energy -- South of Ft Stockton , TX



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that a young person (23) chaired a meeting yesterday about money problems;
this is a HUGE trigger for many people in recovery, thus something well worth discussing in a meeting

for all your nice comments yesterday regarding my low self-esteem;
I appreciate hearing it, but my mind tells me that you're just being nice because that's what you're supposed to do

I gotta long way to go

my mind also tells me that no one, absolutely no one, wants to be anywhere near me. This, in turn, causes me to avoid all people except those I may come in contact with as I go through my daily routines

I gotta lot of work to do on ME

for Steps 6 & 7

Don't solve your problems, dissolve your problems--so that they should not recur again.
-Yogi Bhajan

10 comments:

Bill said...

THPIF sounds like the onomatopoeic response to having a gnat fly in your mouth.

dAAve said...

You guessed it Bill.

It could also stand for ...
Thank Higher Power it's Friday.

Pammie said...

I think we Houston bloggers should take a day trip to go visit that sink hole, maybe take a picnic basket.
Low self esteem is a long way up from the NO self esteem we had when we got here ;)
An old timer in my home group says that Steps 6&7 are like a pick and shovel. There aren't any instructions on a pick or a shovel, but when you see them in a hardware store, you know that they are going to entail a lot of hard work.

Scott W said...

We humans are cyclical, having our ups and downs. We alcoholics are usually overly sensitive. The good news is we have the program of AA to support us when we are feeling less than desirable.

Mary Christine said...

When I can stop thinking about myself and think of what I can do for someone else instead - my problems shrink and sometimes even vanish.

Zanejabbers said...

We can lean of each other today my friend.

Syd said...

we must have been on the same wave-length yesterday. My low self-esteem got the best of me too. It happens but at least I'm aware of it now and have a choice of bouncing back or sinking lower.

Todd HellsKitchen said...

That photo is spectacular!

Tabitha.Montgomery said...

Personally speaking,I have no interest in being nice to someone unless I WANT to - because I care.
As for you not thinking anyone wants you around,maybe you just need to isolate for a couple of days ? That is a helpful way to do some sifting of thoughts etc.But don't forget you DO have a lot of people who love you for you Dave.
I know you know that.

We all go through our phases,recovery is a life long journey.There are bound to be days like these..Trust the process my friend.

I really do belive in you.
Been reading your blog long
enough to care and share with
you - because I like you.

xo

Anonymous said...

you've very dear to me, daave.