Friday, May 02, 2008

Only $20 for Answers & Solutions



todAAy i Am grAAteful & thAAnkful

that my circumstances leave no doubt of my powerlessness over alcohol
and everything else)

that I was able to conceive of a Higher Power

that when I surrender, I find serenity

that if I could remove all my character defects and grind them up, they could provide enough power to illuminate a small city for a month (what?)

that I'm going to the Astros game tonight with a friend in recovery

ATTITUDE

"A positive attitude is perhaps more important at home than anywhere else. As spouses and parents, one of our most vital roles is to help those we love feel good about themselves."

-- Keith Harrell

"We simply assume that the way we see things is the way they really are or the way they should be. And our attitudes and behaviors grow out of these assumptions."

-- Stephen Covey

"…look at that word blame. It's just a coincidence that the last two letters spell the word me. But that coincidence is worth thinking about. Other people or unfortunate circumstances may have caused you to feel pain, but only you control whether you allow that pain to go on. If you want those feelings to go away, you have to say: 'It's up to me."

-- Arthur Freeman

"Optimists are right. So are pessimists. It's up to you to choose which you will be."

-- Harvey Mackay

8 comments:

Bill said...

I'm glad I read your post before I left the house this morning. I've decided to be optimistic today, and now I know I'm right.

Pammie said...

Hey I think I've been to the Psychic...for $25.00 you get the answers and solutions YOU WANT.
Go Astros!!!
Dave...I'm glad you are not powerless over alcohol today, because you would probably go to the wrong stadium for the game.

Mary Christine said...

This is one of those days when I wonder what you aren't saying.

Syd said...

I feel optimistic today and generally have a good attitude. Hope it sticks around until afternoon.

Zanejabbers said...

You are always there and I like that. Thanks.

Scott W said...

Some days I can look at my character defects, some days I can't at all. And that's just how it is.

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Character defects?? Who? You? Me?...

... Nah

Anonymous said...

hope you enjoyed the astros game!