Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Turn left at the next corner, please



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I am just as enthusiastic about staying sober as I was about drinking

that staying sober is not a gray area for me; its either complete sobriety OR just give up and go get drunk

that you guys in AA taught me about needing a defense against having the first drink

for another very, very good 1st step meeting yesterday with a newcomer present (complete with a black eye and it didn't look good on her!)

for cats, coffee and computers

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.
-Mother Teresa

7 comments:

Bill said...

I ♥ this:
"I am just as enthusiastic about staying sober as I was about drinking."
Hey! I'm going to steal it! That's right, and there's not a thing you can do about it! Why, by the time you find me, I'll have shared this in several meetings. Bwa-ha-ha!

(too many years spent in the corporate world)

Mary Christine said...

Hey! How did he get a heart in his comment???

The three C's, huh Daave.

Scott W said...

¤ Rallying around the newcomer was strong yesterday. Along with what it was like! Wow.

Trailboss said...

I love that picture about pissing someone off. That is great!

Glad you are doing well Dave.

My adventures said...

Continental.com has specials to Port of Spain this weekend... leave Saturday and come back on Tuesday for $399 or 25,000 airmiles, wanna go? ha!

Zanejabbers said...

Love the ENVY thingy. WIsh I had been there for the hot 1st step meeting.

Syd said...

your enthusiasm for life and sobriety comes through every day here.