Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I am now homeless (sorta)


todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that we read "Physician, Heal Thyself" yesterday at the 6:30am meeting

for your comments yesterday about the term trigger; it's caused me to re-think about the use of that word as it relates to sobriety

for the HUGE attitude change I recognize in myself over the past 5 years; I wonder if it has anything to do with not drinking and then practicing a recovery program?

that I'm now moved out of the old townhouse; just have some tidying to do today

for a good friend who is allowing H & I to live in his spare bedroom; it's like a 4-star hotel (actually H won't be here until next week - he finishes school today in Trinidad)

that I got this laptop computer last month, otherwise, I would have had to move my desktop puter around like a laptop

"Self-acceptance comes from meeting life's challenges vigorously. Don't numb yourself to your trials and difficulties, nor build mental walls to exclude pain from your life. You will find peace not by trying to escape your problems, but by confronting them courageously. You will find peace not in denial, but in victory."
-- J. Donald Walters

7 comments:

Mary Christine said...

Were you sad to leave your townhouse?

I love my laptop too. I never realized how convenient they are.

Scott W said...

The top of my lap is empty.

Pammie said...

I'm with MC. We want to hear how you feel about leaving the townhouse and moving. And really Dave....do you want to disappoint the two of us? No...I don't think so.

Bill said...

The quotation from Little Donnie Walters packs a big punch. Thanks!

I'm glad you have a laptop (computer, not dog) to help you stay in touch during your nomadic period.

Trudging said...

You sound good brother.

Syd said...

Laptops are great. I really like my MacBook. Glad that you have a great place to stay.

Zanejabbers said...

Hi nomad.