Thursday, May 22, 2008

Keeping it up



(click on the cartoon to make it BIGGER)





todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that Laura L told a small part of her story yesterday at the noon AA meeting; a few tears broke loose from my eyes

that she reminded me of the tremendous concept of not giving up 5 minutes before the miracle

that I chose to chair a discussion meeting that centered around rejection; apparently, I'm not the only person in the world with those feelings

that Frank T went to a ball game with me; I'm not sure why I called and asked him to go, but on the way to the game, he told me that it was his 6th AA anniversary. Coincidence?

One must care about a world one will never see.
-Bertrand Russell

8 comments:

Bill said...

Happy Thor's Day, you little godlet.

Anonymous said...

love the new layout, daave. hope you had fun at the ball game!

Pammie said...

Hey did you see my husband at the game last night? He was there also. Tall, black hair, he had on a green shirt.
Enjoy your day!

Scott W said...

I am not sure to which world Bertrand is referring.

Mary Christine said...

Why must one care?

Syd said...

Rejection is something that seems to come up with me a lot. I know that the thoughts may not be based on reality but are just my fears coming through.

Tabitha.Montgomery said...

..not giving up five minutes before the miracle..I like that.

And a love your sharing..Thanks for just being you Dave xo

Shannon said...

I love hearing stories like that have a good day daave