Thursday, May 01, 2008

another sober day



todAAy i Am grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I have been sober for 1700 days

for a good meeting about money/spending habits and how it can effect my sobriety and/or serenity

that Laurel K will be chairing the Wednesday noon speakers meetings in May

that I'm here today, sober and grateful

that some day later this year, all this election nonsense will be over
(for a little while, at least)

Two things a man should never be angry at: what he can help, and what he cannot help.
-Thomas Fuller

9 comments:

Mary Christine said...

I will sure like it when the election is over.

Scott W said...

It does not make me angry that I am fabulous.

Bill said...

Well, crap! What can I get angry at? Oh, nothing. Noted.

Just a reminder, it's May Day. A good day to dance around a pole.

molly said...

i posted this on my blog earlier today about how Pema Chodron says anger "starts with getting what i don't want and not getting what i do want".. congrats on 1700 days!!

Zanejabbers said...

1700. May poles. Great color on the house. It was white last week.
Progress. Hmmmmm. Now where do I know that line from.

Pammie said...

I never pole danced...but I think I would be good at it...just sayin'

Syd said...

Hmmm..I'll come and watch any of you who want to pole dance. Isn't the May Pole Dance a rite of fertility? or do I have that mixed up with some weird Druid ceremony?

Scott W said...

1626 for me!

johno said...

Well said Thomas!