Wednesday, April 30, 2008

squarely in the middle

This is the first of many pictures I'll be posting of our new home. I am hoping it will be completed by late May.


todAAy i Am grAAteful & thAAnkful

for the concepts of Honesty, Open-Mindedness and Willingness

that I do my best to stay centered

for those times when I physically feel in a fit spiritual condition

to the people in recovery who go out of their way to get involved in extracirricular service activities

for the occasional use of common sense in all most of my affairs

that "it's a dog eat dog world, and I'm not wearing any underwear." a line from Blanche on The Golden Girls

If there is any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow human being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again.
-William Penn


7 comments:

Pammie said...

love it. I'm trying to figure out if those are doors up top, but then you'd step out into thin air. It would be a quick jump into the car though.

Patricia Marie said...

I love the house. It is going to be grand.

Mary Christine said...

The house looks great!

Bill said...

Service work is the glue that binds me to the program. In fact, I've volunteered to work at the local Intergroup office for a couple of days so that our over-worked office manager can take a much deserved vacation. If the southern East Coast blows up this coming week, you'll know why. Wish me luck.

The new home looks lovely. When will the guest room be ready?

Scott W said...

I really hope you are enjoying this new house process. It won't happen often--oh, unless you turn into your sister. lol

Syd said...

I like it. And that must be a porch above the garage. I enjoy sitting on the porch and listening to night sounds.

Tabitha.Montgomery said...

This list is why I visit you everyday Dave and that house is fab-wish you all the best in playing house in your new home :)
xoxo