Friday, April 18, 2008

Being me


Try THIS marketing test.


todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for an interesting meeting yesterday about forgiveness -- I have a different perspective than most people (apparently). Since getting sober, my feeling is that the concept of forgiveness allows me to play God, doling it out at my discretion. ie: you deserve to be forgiven, so here ya go. OR -- you don't deserve it, so I won't forgive you. You've been too naughty. So, I just live as though everyone is trying to do their best and it's not up to me to play God.
Comments, please.

that we've had propspective buyer's looking at our house every day, although it's a real hassle keeping it this clean! LOL

for some needed rain this morning

Old age, to the unlearned, is winter; to the learned, it’s harvest time.
-Yiddish saying

9 comments:

Mary Christine said...

Gee, I just typed a comment and it disappeared...

I agree with you on the forgiveness thing. In order to forgive, I must first judge. And that isn't my job.

(p.s. I am a 'genius' in the marketing thing)

Scott W said...

I got 'em all right.

Syd said...

I've been told and have read that forgiveness is God's duty not mine. I can forgive myself but can only accept others (it doesn't mean that I agree with them, just that I can accept that they are what they are). That works for me.

Pammie said...

oh good grief. suspending judgements is a very lofty ambition...I'm just not "all" there yet. Most of the time I don't even know it is going on in my head. If someone hurts me intentionally or not, and they say I'm sorry...I say apology accepted. That's forgiveness...right? I probably just don't understand the assignment today..yeah that's it.

Zanejabbers said...

Sweet Daave.

Tabitha.Montgomery said...

We have buckets of snow right now for some freak reason..want some of that too ?

I was just thinking about forgiveness yesterday while playing Cinderella and scrubbing out the bathtub Dave.I thought about who I had needed to forgive in my life - so I could move on.
And it is a tricky reasoning with each person I suppose.
The most important aspect of forgiveness is to find the meaning that makes more honest and humble sense to you.to me.etc.
I think forgivenss is all part of moving on.Not always forgetting....but moving on..lol

Good luck on the house stuff!

Trailboss said...

Naturally So got them all right. After all I will never forget him scoring 100% on his driving test. Biotch! I got 16 right, oh well.

Bill said...

This blog topic is unforgivable.

Anonymous said...

i only remembered a couple off that quiz. i can see your perspective about forgiveness. much love to you.