Thursday, April 17, 2008

today's list




todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that Kenny -- RECOVERY ROAD - celebrated his 4th year of sobriety yesterday. I had the fortunate opportunity to meet Kenny last July while I was in London. We met at a pub, of course.

that I had the opportunity to chair a meeting yesterday in which I read aloud There Comes a Time. This writing is about a fellow AA members' spiritual awakening. You can link to it by clicking on the title above and it is also linked on my sidebar. I think it's one of the most powerful writings I have read (yet) about recovery from this addictive disease.

that I rarely try to fool any of the people any of the time any more

that today is National blah blah blah Day. (click for more info)
Celebrate accordingly.

that Hayden and I are continuing to pick out stuff for the new house. Yesterday we picked the bathroom and kitchen fixtures. Today is supposed to be light fixtures and ceiling fans. We'll see.


Wisdom is the reward you get for a lifetime of listening when you’d have preferred to talk.
-Doug Larson

7 comments:

Mary Christine said...

I have never been through the picking out "stuff" phase of buying a house. It seems to stress everyone out.

Bill said...

I had no idea that David Spade was in our program.

Syd said...

I like the There Comes a Time reading. It is a good piece of literature. I read it at my first anniversary.

Recovery Road London said...

Hey Davey-boy

thanks for the good wishes for my 4th AA birthday :)

You too have been significant in my recovery, being one of the first AA bloggers I encountered on the interwebnet-thingy.

It'd be great to see dAAve in the flesh again!

Zanejabbers said...

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. What a celebration. Enjoy your shopping.

peanut said...

Love you dAAve !

Anonymous said...

i'm so glad i was at that meeting when you shared that reading! hope you have a great day, daave!