Wednesday, April 02, 2008

parenthetical



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

that my stress-level shall pass (I have too much on my plate, but I put it all there, so I can't blame anyone [damnit!]). I am aware that stress is a product of my reaction to circumstances, not the circumstances themselves. Yeah, yeah.

that even though I've been a bit short-tempered the past few days, the world has continued to revolve (fortunately)

that I can at least be aware that I no longer have a consistent ability to multi-task (it used to be a specialty but I think I destroyed all the necessary brain cells)

for my remaining brain cell and my intention to protect it (whatever it takes)

that I woke up sober (again)

"Always demanding the best of oneself, living with honor, devoting one’s talents and gifts to the benefits of others - these are the measures of success that endure when material things have passed away."
-- Gerald Ford

"Success is doing your own thing, for the benefit of others."
-- Denis Waitley

9 comments:

Mary Christine said...

That video still makes me feel a little queasy.

Hope the sun shines bright on Daave today.

Scott W said...

Funny how when we don't drink we wake up sober. I love it when that happens.

Anonymous said...

i have days like that, too.

Syd said...

I generally don't digest what's on my plate when it's filled up. I ask for a "to go" box and work on it later.

peanut said...

Good morning, dAAve !
Today, I will not accept any stress-no matter what causes it.

Love you.

Zanejabbers said...

Maybe buy bigger plates so they won't look so full?

molly said...

love what syd said up there :) take care of that one brain cell left. u funny!

Patricia Marie said...

Great post, Dave. I can relate.

Bill said...

Damn! You woke up sober again???

I don't know about you, but I'm seeing a pattern of daily living here. The weird thing is, the same thing has been happening to me. It must be the company we've been keeping.