Tuesday, April 01, 2008

No fool here (at least not today)



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

I am pressed for time again today, so let's keep this short...

for an extremely busy, but peaceful day where I did not get overwhelmed

that my CPA will visit me today and we will review and discuss taxes and then I'll hand over hundreds of pages of papers for him to make sense of

that if the financial negotiations are successful today, we'll have the opportunity to choose our new homes' interior; wall textures, colors, fixtures, tiles etc...). We're even moving a couple of walls around and adding a balcony.

"In the Midst of movement and chaos, keep stillness inside of you."
-- Deepak Chopra

"If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment."
-- Marcus Aurelius

"I am more and more convinced that our happiness or our unhappiness depends far more on the way we meet the events of life than on the nature of those events themselves."
-- Karl Wilhelm Von Humboldt

"Stress comes from within; it is your reaction to circumstances, not the circumstances themselves."
-- Brian Tracy



6 comments:

Bill said...

I love these quotations. Amen, Brother Dave.

Pammie said...

oh my gosh things are moving fast!

Scott W said...

I really feel for CPAs this time of year!

Syd said...

I took my hundred pages or so to the CPA late last week. I'm just grateful that I don't have to fill out the tax forms.

Zanejabbers said...

Good quotes. Moving on up to the big time.

peanut said...

Dear dAAve,

Your home looks great ! Yes, I understand you like your little touches but, It does look, well, better after the staging (I think).

It's exciting hearing about all the neat things you will get to choose for your new home.

Good for you and Hayden ! Good seeing you today. Love you. me