Tuesday, April 29, 2008

good view



the view from my seat at Minute Maid Park;
I get to sit here for 27 games this season


todAAy i Am grAAteful & thAAnkful

that I said a short prayer this morning, asking my HP to guide me throughout this day so that I can be the best person I can possibly be -- for today

that I ask for that guidance every morning

for lessons from other recovering drunks;

friends who suffer losses of friends and family have shown me how to handle that situation when it happens

that my sponsee chaired a wonderful meeting at noon yesterday, attended by someone at their first ever AA meeting

that my sponsor dropped by to see my new home-under-construction

Getting to know someone is not a task--it’s an art.
-Pierce LeBlanc

10 comments:

Scott M. Frey said...

ohh, someone's been to The Astrodome... no wait Enron Field... no wait... Minute Maid Park lol

What's next?? lol

Pammie said...

Go ASTROS!!
Love a meeting with a first timer...love love love it!

Anonymous said...

i love a good astro's game. sometimes i get tickets through work.

Mary Christine said...

Oh, that looks wonderful! And isn't it wonderful to see a sponsee passing it on?

Scott W said...

Wade did a great job all month.

Mighty Aphrodite said...

Dunno if you have "comment moderation" on or not. I think I left a comment but don't see it. Kind of new to this blogging.

Wade did do a great job. I've been going to the Tuesday night little table group. He's been chairing that one, too.

Thanks for your support.


KAS

Syd said...

I'm glad that your sponsee did a great job. And that you passed on your knowledge to someone else. The legacy of these programs is powerful.

Bill said...

I don't relly have anything to say except thanks for being here.

Bill said...

and that I really should preview all comments before I hit that 'publish' button.

Zanejabbers said...

You are a jewel that shines so bright, I can feel the warmth over here. Thanks.