Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I'm not the lush I used to be



todAAy i AAm grAAteful & thAAnkful

for constant, conscious effort to practice Step 12; it goes against all my instincts

that I don't regret my past nor do I wish to shut the door on it

that my experiences, before and since sobriety, can be of help to another

for a really beautiful day in Houston, weather-wise and life-wise

that I have always been a very responsible person; Syd mentioned this yesterday and I certainly identified with it (check out his list of characteristics)

"Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory."
-- General George S. Patton

"Winners are people with a definite purpose in life."
-- Denis Waitley

"It seems to me that it's actually harder to invent excuses than it is to be successful."
-- Jeffrey Gitomer

"Don’t be content with doing only you duty. Do more than you duty. It’s the horse that finishes a neck ahead that wins the race."
-- Andrew Carnegie

8 comments:

Bill said...

I'll bet you dance the 12th Step magnificently.

Lush. Sot. Tippler.
I should put some idle time to use compiling a list of words for alcoholics.

Dave, do me a favor and have a wonderful day, just for me. Even though it goes against your natural instincts.

Pammie said...

I'm afraid of your "natural instincts" might REALLY be.
You know damn well that Bill is going to compile a list now.
Enjoy your day my fellow Houstonian.

Anonymous said...

my sponsor was just talking to me about the solution being to help another alcoholic.

Mary Christine said...

Have a wonderful April 16, 2008.

Scott W said...

My mind is not working at full capacity this morning and I don't understand the importance of that video.

Syd said...

I like the 12th step work. But it does bring out my character defects, especially impatience.

Zanejabbers said...

StoneHenge is unhinged. I did not see a single hinge. And they were precisely digging up the lawn. I expected one of the rocks to fall over on the man and a Don't Fuck with THe Druids sign to pop up. Oh Well. Have a great day.

Anonymous said...

Just stopping by to thank you for that add for sarcasma. It has been a joke at work for a few days now.. Ut, oh, forget to take your sarcasma? Yeh bitch, what's it to ya'? etc. Thanks again!